Watch HERE for Tiger Daily News
Watch Tiger Daily News with an important message from Principal Gamez.
- The Dating Violence Awareness Board is hosting an annual Self Defense Workshop on May 18 from 10-11 a.m. in the A Gym. Tickets are $5 at the front office or in Ms. Watt’s classroom. Donations are accepted and appreciated. All of the proceeds go to the Hays Caldwell Women’s Center and the Dating Violence Mock Trial in February. It is open to all students and community members.
- Do you want a fun surprise during finals week? Then order a final exam care package today! Filled with essentials like pens, pencils, snacks, and great brain break activities. Tell your parent to go online or order for yourself today on the DSISD webstore.
- The Hi-Steppers are presenting their annual Spring show “Dream” on May 2, 3, & 4. They are excited to have Dazzlers, Dance for Athletes, Hip Hop, Dance II, DSHS cologuard and many other special guests joining them for this performance. Don’t wait to get your tickets because they go up at the door. Online in advance $10 Adults and only $5 for students. At the door, tickets will be $15 adults and $10 students. Go to DSISD webstore or look for posters around campus and follow the qr code. Get yours in advance…you don’t want to miss it.
- Coffee lovers, it’s flavor week at the Tiger Shack. Every day of the week, we have selected a drink of the day to be discounted 30 percent. The flavors of the week are Mocha Mondays, Tea Tuesdays, White Chocolate Wednesdays, Latte Thursdays, and French Vanilla Fridays. Drinking espresso can solve a latte of your problems.
- The parking lots get full this time of year due to more students getting their driver’s licenses. Just a reminder that students may only park in Lots C, D, E, and the lots at the baseball fields. Students may NOT park in reserved spaces, teacher lot or visitor lot.
- Celebrate Dripping Springs’ original founders by buying the Original Cappuccino. This week the Tiger Shack is discounting the OG Cappuccino at 50% off.
- The Hi-Steppers are presenting their annual Spring show “Dream” on May 2, 3, & 4. They are excited to have Dazzlers, Dance for Athletes, Hip Hop, Dance II, cologuard and many other special guests joining them for this performance. Tickets go up at the door. Online advance orders are $10 for adults and only $5 for students. At the door, tickets will be $15 for adults and $10 for students. Go to the DSISD webstore or look for posters around campus and follow the qr code.
3. One of your fellow students Robbie Lopez is currently doing research into the topic of tipping and gratuity in restaurants, and he would like your help. Scan the QR code or click here to fill out a survey about tipping. Any and all responses are much appreciated.
4. Want to walk in the Founder’s Day parade and earn volunteer hours? Or do you have a couple of free hours on Saturday to help out the VFW?? We need your help! We will provide you with a Marine Corps uniform to wear for the event and volunteer hours. Contact Mrs. Milner over email email@example.com or in room A208 TODAY.
- Today at 2 p.m. There will be a send-off for our Lady Tiger Soccer Team as they travel to compete at State. The send off will be at the traditional spot outside the cafeteria going into the “C” parking lot.
- Bring in your gently used books to be donated to the Johnson City Public Library. The donation boxes will be located in the counselor’s office and Mrs. Balderrama’s room. You will receive one hour of community service for every three books donated. These hours can count for NHS hours. To get credit for donating, please scan the QR code on the box and fill out the Google form. The drive will run from April 8-19.
- The Tiger Shack is holding a one-of-a-kind raffle from the 16th through the 18th. Everyone who orders a coffee at the Tiger Shack will be entered into a raffle. The winner will be drawn on the 18th and will win two free apparel items of their choosing from the Tiger Shack. Everything we brew, we brew for you.
- The Hi-Steppers are presenting their annual Spring show “Dream” on May 2, 3, and 4. They will have Dazzlers, Dance for Athletes, Hip Hop, Dance II, colorguard and many other special guests joining for this performance. Come support your peers and Don’t wait to get your tickets because they go up at the door. Online in advance $10 Adults and only $5 for students. At the door tickets will be $15 adults and $10 students. Go to the DSISD webstore or look for posters around campus and follow the qr code.
- If you are a performer in this year’s lip dub, it is imperative that you fill out the google form on practice dates. Talk to your club representatives if you are unsure where to find it. Practices are starting on April 2 and will continue into May. If you do not attend the practices, you and your club will be cut. Fill out the form, and watch for remind announcements on upcoming practices
- Attention all dating violence mock trial seniors. The Jacks- garner scholarship is still accepting applications but the deadline is soon. All applications are due April 13. You can pick up you applications outside of Ms. Watts’s room d115.
- The final deadline to order the 2019 Tiger Cry yearbook is Friday, April 5. No extras will be ordered. There are also a limited supply so make sure to visit Balfour.com to reserve your copy TODAY to ensure you receive a copy. There will be a list posted outside the counselor’s office to see if you already ordered.
- If you have any old sports equipment lying around, bring it to the boxes outside the counseling center. Every two items gets you one hour of community service. This includes bats, gloves, cleats, shoes, whatever you have. Everything is going to help local athletes in DSYSA. Ends Tuesday April 9th.
- If you need service hours, Project Maroon is dedicated to making care packages for the homeless and they are accepting donations until march 31st. Donations include personal hygiene products, non-perishable foods, blankets, and dog food. Drop of your items in the counseling center or C-210.
- Do you have a job? Do you work an average of 15 (or more) hours a week? Do you want to earn three credits for the year? If you answered “yes” to all three questions, then CAREER PREP may be for you! See your counselor or Ms. Riddlebarger in C.210 to pick up an application today!
- Do you think you can dance? Do you want to be a part of a team, promote school spirit, and grow as a leader and dancer? Then Dazzlers or Hi-Steppers might be for you. If you are interested, pick up a tryout packet in the main office or from the dance room E304. The tryout clinic is March 25-28 and tryouts are on March 29 Questions contact Mrs. Neef
- Yearbook orders are due no later than next Friday, April 5. Visit Balfour.com to order.