Each year our school gives us a single week off in the month of March, and with such limited time, it would be a shame to waste it on nothing. Here are a couple ideas to help make your spring break worthwhile.
- Go see local bands in concert. Who doesn’t love exploring new music? Tickets are cheap, local bands are smaller and usually at a more intimate venue, and it’s a perfect way to get to know the city of Dripping Springs or Austin better.
- Take a day trip to Fredericksburg and hike Enchanted Rock. Experience a new view, or go back if you’ve been before. Hike with some friends, grab a bite, and take a tour of Fredericksburg.
- Relax in the sun at Barton Springs Pool. Gather your friends or family, grab a swimsuit, and take the day to chill and picnic by the water.
- Explore some new art at the Blanton Museum of Art. Admission is free for everyone on Thursdays! Check out the second floor which has recently been refreshed, and take a photoshoot with your friends.
- Have a movie marathon with your friends or family. More of a homebody? Build yourself a fort, grab a projector and a sheet, or create a feast of movie snacks. Whatever your ideal way of chilling with a movie is, share it with your friends and binge.
By Maddie Lewis, Staff Writer