The Hi-Stepper’s competed at Hendrickson High School on February 22 and took home a sweep of awards.
List of awards:
- Team and Officer Super Sweepstakes ( 93 score or better from all judges)
- Team 3rd place overall Grand Champion
- 2nd place Team Hip Hop and Lyrical
- 3rd place Team Jazz
- Officers 3rd place overall Grand Champion
- Best in Class Officer Modern and Hip Hop
- 3rd place Officer Contemporary
- Choreography awards for all 3 team and officer routines
- Hip Hop Technique award
- Academic Excellence award ( 3.83 overall team GPA)
The team heads to state this weekend in San Marcos to dance in the Showmakers State Contest at Texas State University.
The Hi-Steppers will also be competing at Nationals in Los Angeles, California from March 6-10.
By Cady Russell, Online and Social Media Editor
Featured photo from @dshshisteppers on Instagram
Notice: The featured photo depicts the team at their first competition at Canyon High School, not at Hendrickson High School.