- The Meraki is back and open for submissions. The literary magazine is looking for your best poems, short stories, and black pen art. Submissions will run from now through Friday, March 15. Submissions can be done through the QR Code on the flyer. Artwork can be dropped off to B. 208. If you have any questions, see Coach Crain.
- Cheer Tryout packets are now available in the front office. If you are interested in trying out, pick one up & fill it out. They are due by March 4.
- Applications for student media are due Friday, March 1. Join journalism to learn about interviewing, writing articles, page design, broadcasting, and photography. Then, contribute to the Tiger Cry yearbook, The Paw Print newspaper, and mydshs.com web site and social media platforms. Scan the QR codes on the posters in the hall to apply to the photography, newspaper or yearbook staff. Or visit mydshs.com and Apply for more information.
- The Book People Book Fair is coming Feb. 25-March 1. Located in the Innovation Lab in the library, it will be open from 8:30-4:30 daily.
- Project Maroon is a new service organization dedicated to making care packages for the homeless and they are accepting donations starting now until March 31. Donations include personal hygiene products, non-perishable foods, blankets, and dog food. Drop of your items in the counseling center or C-210 and earn volunteer hours. For more information, stop by room C-210.
- Friday, Mar. 1 is the deadline to order a yearbook with namestamping, icons or other personalization. Visit Balfour.com to order. April 6 is the final deadline for a plain book. No extras are ordered.
cartoon by Jade Howe