- Fire & EMS Exploring is hosting its monthly training session on Tuesday, September 25 at 7 p.m. at the fire station on Sportsplex Drive. This program is open to anybody ages 14-19 who has an interest in exploring a career as a firefighter or EMT. If you are interested in learning more about this program, please attend this training session or reach out to Mrs. Milner in A208 to learn more.
- The Spring Konstant Robotics team is asking for participants to join the business aspects of the team. Meetings are every Tuesday from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. For more information, contact Mrs. Kathy Sheperd in room D.111 or Mrs. Kristen Adams in room D.147.
- Juniors and seniors are allowed two college visits and need to have the green form from attendance filled out prior to going.
- The Aviation and Aerospace Club is meeting every Thursday from 4:30-5:15. It will be in Mr. Adams’ room C.202. Show up to hear about plans for the year and how to get involved.
- Interested in board games? Want to test your thinking skills? Then the Chess and War Board Club might be for you. The first meeting will be held this Wednesday after school from 4:30 – 5:45 p.m. at room C.202 in Mr. Adams classroom.
- Reservations for senior ads in the back of the yearbook are due Friday. Celebrate your senior year, your friendships, teams and clubs by getting space for the memories. Go to Balfour.com to order.
- The Leo Lions Club is a community service organization that meets the second and fourth Tuesdays of every month at 8:20 in room B205, and they are beginning their annual eyeglass drive. The donation box is located in the counselors office, and these eyeglasses will go to people without access to regular eye care. Their next meeting is September 25. There are no dues, and you can still join.
- Barbara Temple’s 4th grade Destination Imagination team (RSES) is looking for someone to help videotape and edit a 3-6 minute documentary for a contest (https://twitter.com/IDODI). They need someone who works well with kids, is a good
listener, and will help enhance their vision. She can sign off on volunteer hours and they can put their name in the credits. The project must be finished and uploaded by March 4, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. It may take 1 to 2 days to
video and then a couple hours to edit it with the kids.
- Football tickets will be on sale in the front office thru Thursday $4 for students and $7 for adults.
- The Lost and Found for clothing, water bottles and lunch boxes is now in the cafeteria. Lost phones, jewelry, calculators and other valuables will still be in the front office.
- Picture Day is next Tuesday for B day and Wednesday for A day. Students will go with their English classes to take a portrait for the yearbook. Order forms are available through your English teacher or at the counselors office. ACC students may go any time to take their picture before last period. You can also order pictures online at fall.phototexasphotography.com using the code 1819-0143. If you miss portrait day, your last chance to be in the yearbook will be during retakes on November 6. Seniors should have already signed up for their portraits day October 8-9.