1. This Friday’s spirit theme for the first home game is WHITE OUT. Go all out at school for the pep rally and keep your white attire on for the game that evening.
2. If you are participating in Olympic PE or an Alternative PE you MUST pick up your forms in the counseling area and turn them in by 8/31/18.
3. Freshman, Student Council is now accepting applications for freshman representative on the Student Council. This is a great opportunity to work with upperclassman leaders on campus and contribute to making a difference for the entire student body.
Also, if you are interested in running for a freshman class officer position, those applications are now available in Rooms C205 or A105 as well. Applications are DUE this Thursday August 30 by the end of school.
4. JROTC will be meeting on September 5 at 4:15 in A208. The purpose of this club is to bring together students who are thinking about a career in the military and support them and introduce them to valuable lessons in military knowledge, leadership, military skills, and how to join the military or apply for military scholarships or academies.
5. Have you heard of the FFA? Are you interested in showing an animal or competing on one of the very competitive Leadership Development Event teams or Career Development Event teams? We will be having an Ice Cream Party in the cafeteria on Thursday, September 6 starting at 5 p.m. An informational meeting will follow the ice cream extravaganza. Join and find out more about all the ways you can participate in the FFA.
6. Do you worry about the coming robotic revolution? Sure you do! If you want to secure respect with our coming robotic overlords, now is the time to do it. Check out FIRST Robotics and the Spring Konstant robotics team. The first meeting is Tuesday August 28 at 4:30 p.m. in room D.147 – be there or you could just end up as grease for robotic drive trains.
7. Football tickets are on now on sale in the front office thru Thursday. There’s a discounted price of $4 for students and $7 for adults. Buy your tickets in advance for the Kerrville-Tivy game to avoid the long hot lines on Friday night.
8. Community Services department is currently hiring student workers for the after school Kids Club program at $10 an hour. Apply online at dsisdtx.us/employment. Please contact Kim Hatcher, Program Coordinator for more information 512-858-3022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. National Art Honor Society‘s next meeting will be Wednesday, September 5 in Mr. Bates’ room during tutorials. If you are interested in joining, you must have taken at least one year of art.