- Special Olympics is looking for student volunteers for basketball and track seasons. Basketball will start January 8th and practice will be at Walnut Elementary School on Monday’s after school. Track practice will start in March. There is a form to fill out and two short trainings to do online to become a volunteer. You may pick up forms in the counseling center, Ms. Hawkins, or Ms. Letson in room 1.205.
- Any student interested in competing in TRACK and FIELD this spring needs to attend a mandatory parent meeting on Thursday, December 7 @ 6:30 pm in the HS Lecture Hall. For any questions, please see Coach Reid or Coach Laughlin.
- Today, the JROTC military prep club is hosting a first aid class in Mrs. Milner’s room A208 after school from 4:15 – 4:45. We will be discussing life saving skills for a variety of first aid topics. All are welcome. Please contact Colton Owens for more information on this event or military prep club in general at 281-961-7714.
- This December HOSA is having a toy drive. They are asking for unwrapped NEW toys. All the toys collected will go to the Big Love cancer organization and to a child who is battling cancer. Please take your donation to Mrs Chamber’s room, Mrs Milliner’s room or the front office.
- On December 5 and 6th, Health Science is hosting two military guest speakers. They will be taking over the classroom for both days (except 4th and 6th periods), and providing info on the following topics: #1. Combat lifesaver first aid training taught by a combat medic – #2. Healthcare careers available through the military. Anybody is welcome to attend. Any questions, please contact Mrs. Milner, A208.
- Are you interested in exploring the underwater world?
Scuba club wants to extend an invitation to anyone who is interested in getting scuba certified or looking to snorkel and explore our oceans, rivers, and lakes.
Our meetings are Friday Mornings from 8:30-8:50 in Ms. Watts’s room- D115. They are planning a trip to Balmorhea in West Texas in April and the Gulf at the end of the year.
- Interested in buying a car, water bottle, or laptop sticker and support a group of students trying to plant trees at Sycamore Springs Middle School? Buy one of these for $2! See Mrs. Biel, or buy one at the lunches.
- Are you a musician? Do you enjoy the thrill of performing in front of a live audience? Well then this announcement is for you! There will be a Christmas-themed Jam on Friday December 8th during both A and B lunches. If you are interested in performing send an audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org.