- If you are interested in joining the fishing club, contact (512)350-0829 or on twitter @DSHSFishing. They will be going to professional fishing tournaments and other exciting events! Sign up today.
- Need community service hours? Help DSHS collect new or gently used children’s books for the Community Fair Book Drive. Children’s board books for the youngest readers are the biggest need but any children’s book ranging up to young adult novels will be accepted. EVERY 5 NEW OR GENTLY USED CHILDREN’S BOOKS = 1 HOUR OF COMMUNITY SERVICE!! (cap of 25 community service hours). You can drop off your donated children’s books to the counseling center between now and November 13.
- This announcement is for all seniors 18 and older who have registered to vote: Take advantage of your first opportunity to vote in the upcoming local election, which consists of several state propositions. Early voting begins on October 23 and will run through November 3, at the Precinct Office on Roger Hanks Parkway. Election day is Tuesday, November 7.
- On Thursday, November 9 go to the DSHS library for Meraki Open Mic Night put on by the Advanced Creative Writing class. Students can watch or perform their own poems, short stories, comedy, or music. Snacks and refreshments will be provided. Keep an eye out for the flyer or come see Coach Crain in room B.208 for more details.
- All Freshmen wanting to try out for baseball will need to stop by Coach Payne’s office, room 1.211 in the morning, before school, any day this week.
Leave a Reply