- Go to Chick-Fil-A of Lake Travis today from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. to help benefit the Dripping Springs High School F1 In Schools team as they prepare for regionals. Make sure to either mention their name at the counter or drive-thru.
- Attention Seniors! If you haven’t yet picked up your Official Class of 2018 Senior Retreat T-shirt, even if you are unable to attend the retreat, please visit the Counseling Office to get your shirt.
- The Dripping Springs High School Dating Violence Awareness Board will be hosting a Self Defense class in the B Gym on Saturday October 21 from 9-11 a.m. We encourage all students, staff, and family members to come and learn some helpful defense tactics. Tickets are $5 pre-sale and $10 at the door. See Mrs. Watts in room D.115 for tickets and more information.
- The chess and war games club currently have seven members and would like more. Meetings are today and every Thursday from 4:15 to 5:15 in Mr. Adams’ classroom (C.202). It doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to play; they have lots of talented people ready to help. For more information contact the King, Chris Pung or their sponsor Mr. Adams.
- DSHS Critical Mass is holding a concert this Saturday at Hudson’s on Mercer from 9 p.m. to Midnight benefitting Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies. Portlight has been a great help to individuals with disabilities who were affected by recent hurricanes and they are on the ground now working in Puerto Rico. Come to Hudson’s this Saturday to support their cause and hear some great music!
- Interested in joining the military? Have you ever wanted to run a 5k or compete in a tough mudder competition? Come to the JROTC meeting in A208 Monday, Oct.16 after school to learn about how you can develop your leadership skills. Contact Colton Owens or Luke Jenkins for more details.
- The Dripping Springs Cricketeers will be having a kickoff meeting on Monday, October 16 at 8:20 in Mrs. Clark’s room, D.121. Everyone is welcome so come on down and learn the game! Contact Qasim Aziz if you have any questions.
Leave a Reply