- HOSA, the Health Occupations Students of America club, is having a general information meeting today at 4:20 p.m. Applications are available in Jessica Chambers’ room D103 and are due by September 5.
- The Domestic Violence Awareness Board is holding a supply drive for the Hays County Women’s Shelter. They are asking people to donate:
– Full sized bottles of conditioner, hair gel
– Hair spray
– Hair brushes and accessories
– Full size bottles of body wash
– Baby wipes
– Larger sized diapers (3, 4, 5, and 6)
– New undergarments for women and children (all sizes) Donations are turned in at the counseling centre and each item donated earns service hours.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes is excited for the new school year and looking for student leaders. If you are interested in becoming an FCA leader or want more information about FCA, stop by Coach Batson’s room D-120 or Mrs. Batson room B-209. Leadership applications will be due Friday, September 1.
- Special Olympics Bowling is in search of student volunteers. Practices are on Thursday afternoons from 5:30-6:30 at Westgate Lanes in Austin. Practice begins on September 7 and continues through November 2 with competition being the weekend of November 3-4. There are a few steps to take to become a volunteer. You can pick up a packet from the counseling office. See Mrs. Hawkins in room 1.205 if you have questions. Packets must be turned in to Mrs. Hawkins by Tuesday, September 5. Additional Special Olympics volunteering opportunities will be available in the winter and spring.
- Spicee Tigers, the cooking club, will be having a meeting on Wed, Sept. 6 at 8:35 a.m. in room 1.205. Elections for the new officers will be held, as well of the upcoming events. Membership is $15 per year, and no experience is necessary.