- The LAST day to take senior pictures is Friday. If you do not take a school portrait, your photo will not appear in the yearbook. Please see counselor’s office for the schedule and contact PhotoTexas with any questions and concerns.
- Students, check the windows of the library to confirm that your school portrait is in the yearbook, in the correct grade with your name spelled correctly. If there is an error, scan the QR code or follow the posted link to submit the corrections. Make sure to do so before Friday, Dec. 2.
- Spanish Honor Society will be selling “pulseras” in the cafeteria during lunch. These colorful handmade bracelets are only $5 and make great gifts and stocking-stuffers. Every dollar goes to support fair-trade jobs in countries where there is little economic opportunity. The proceeds also support scholarships, micro-loans, youth shelters, and community improvement in Nicaragua, Guatemala, and Uganda. Stop by our table and find the perfect pulsera for yourself or a friend and help to support a good cause.
- The Domestic Violence Advocacy Board will be accepting diapers (sizes 4-6) and underwear of all sizes for women and children. If you wish to donate bring your items to your advisory teacher. The advisory class that donates the greatest amount will win a pizza party. Thanks and have a good day!
- The 2016 Coats for Kids Drive has begun. Look through your closets and bring in any gently used coats for those kids in need. Turn in your coats to your 2nd period teacher! The 2nd period call that collects the highest percentage of coats will receive a Delicious Holiday Breakfast from the Counseling Office staff.
- National Art Honor Society next meeting will be Thursday, Dec. 1, in Mr. Bates’ room at 8:20. We will be discussing field trips and future service projects. We hope to see you there!
A group of Environmental Science students are working on a battery recycling program. If you have any used or dead batteries, bring them to either the counseling office or the library. For more information, you can email Eric Brown through the school email. If you just type his name into the email and it will pop up. Please let others know about the program as well.
Attention students and teachers alike, if you have any stories whether they are crazy or not, we want to hear them for a segment here on Tiger Daily News. A few of the brilliant minds here will animate them and tell them through these animations. So, be sure to send in your stories to email@example.com. We hope to hear your stories.