- Dating Violence Awareness Council is collecting diapers and underwear for women and children at a local women’s shelter; students will turn in donated items to their advisory teacher. The class who brings in most will win a pizza party.
- Attention DSHS students, we have a food drive box out front in the foyer to donate canned foods, other non-perishable foods, soaps, and baby products. The A day first period class that donates the most to the food drive box out front wins a donut party. Be sure to label whatever you are donating with your teacher’s name so we know who the winner is!
ALL DONATIONS GO TO THE HELPING HANDS FOOD DRIVE HERE IN DRIPPING SPRINGS!!
- National Art Honor Society next meeting will be this Thursday, Nov. 3, in Mr. Bates’ room at 8:20and again on Nov. 10. We will be discussing field trips and are first service projects. We hope to see you there!
- Hello clubs and organizations of Dripping Springs High School,
Student Council and HOSA have been granted the opportunity to organize a fundraiser to send funds to Haiti, in an attempt to aid with the damages caused by the recent hurricane. After multiple meetings and discussions our STUCO has decided to not limit the fundraiser to just HOSA and ourselves. Instead, we feel the best way for us to help Haiti would be to get our entire school involved! We are planning on having a meeting on November 10, at 8:15 in C208. Please elect one representative from your club/organization to attend if you wish to be involved.Thanks, Hunter Tole (Student Council President).
- Theater – Sign up to audition for this year’s musical – open to all students! Auditions are next week, Wednesday and Thursday. My Fair Lady is going to be a huge show and we need lots of different character types – could be YOU! Sign up at online – go to Mrs. Koske’s teacher webpage and look for the Production Information tab!
- Mrs. Vickery’s Pre AP 1 students are helping to promote the holiday festival, Christmas on Mercer Street, which will be held on December 3 rd in downtown Dripping Springs. The students were asked to
design a poster advertising this year’s event and the city was so impressed with their designs they decided to post them all on the City of Dripping Springs Facebook page. Check them out. They will be posting one per week for each student until the day of the event.
- The creative writing Meraki is hosting an open mic night Tuesday, Nov. 8, 5-7 p.m. in the DSHS Library, free admission. Refreshments will be provided. It’s open to all DSHS students and staff. Sign up to perform at the event using the QR Code.